We are currently seeking to add capacity to our Project Management/Engineering Teams. We are looking for results-oriented, innovative, challenge-seeking, and highly organized team players. The successful candidate will have a growth mindset as shown through their curiosity, enthusiasm, humility, and resourcefulness; demonstrate perseverance and grit to see projects to fruition; and a have a strong passion for continuous learning.
Mechanical Engineers are hired as Project Managers to manage pre-production projects, through the design for manufacturing, to full scale production.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Management of Global Customer programs ranging in size from $10K -> $1MM in annual sales
- Feasibility review for manufacturing modifications to meet aesthetic & performance specifications
- Process flow design
- Vendor selection and negotiations
- Product costing
- Oversee program tooling kick off, pre-production development, component qualification, and production ramp
- Daily collaboration with US & China based colleagues and Customers to maintain alignment and to support program completion
Candidate qualifications include:
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing)
- 0 to 6 years of experience as a mechanical/process/quality/manufacturing engineer, including prior co-op and internship experience
- Working knowledge of ProE/AutoCad software
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects to their timely conclusion; ability to function with various teams and departments including sales, marketing and accounting; strategic thinking; and an ability to visualize and achieve results
- Annual travel to LaFrance’s production facilities in China
- US citizenship or PERM status
We seek candidates that share the following Values:
- Passion for learning and creating results
- Eager to be a major contributor to a championship team’s success
- Love of challenges
- Respect for all employees as family members
- Commitment to support our Corporation in living our Core Values
We are a privately owned business founded in 1946. Our headquarters are located in Concordville, Delaware County, PA. We maintain a casual, yet professional atmosphere. Promotion from within is an essential core value. Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, 401K Plan, and a fitness center on the premises.
Due to Covid-19, our employees in Concordville, PA are currently working remotely. Employees are permitted to access the building when needed to perform specific in-office duties like quality checking samples and making shipments to accounts and customers.
Interested Candidates should send resumes to Careers@LaFranceCorp.com